Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Writing Relfection


Ideas and Content

I think that my writing usually makes a lot of sense. It had a number of details that did relate to the topic of Julius Caesar. In my Julius Caesar essay, I focused on my topic of Brutus throughout the entire essay. I was able to, in a couple of areas, include relevant details about Brutus’s conflict and reasoning in the decision that he made. This helped construct my argument and further understanding of the topic. I included quotes in my important body paragraphs and introduction, which was essential to support my argument.

Organization

The organization in my Julius Caesar essay was usually good. I began with an interesting quotation about Brutus’s honor to catch the reader’s attention. I could have worked a little better on clear and concise thesis statement. I believe that it was certainly in my introduction, but that it was a little hard for the reader to identify it. There were times where I didn’t establish a context before introducing a quotation. Besides that I think that I had clear topic sentences and conclusions that introduce and summarize my ideas of the paragraph and also relate it to my argument. I think that I could improve my organization by making my thesis statement clear so that the reader can understand my argument as best as possible. Also it is important that I establish context before a quotation so that the reader can understand what is happening in the story, and also why it is important to my argument.

Personal Growth

When I compare my Julius Caesar essay to previous work I have completed, I think that I have improved as a writer. Although my grades in previous essay may have been the same or even better than this essay, I think that my ideas and content have become better in terms of detailed descriptions and support for the main idea in the essay. I think that with a more thorough preparation I was able to construct a better essay in less time than I usually would have. I think that that really shows that I have improved in the way I wanted to. I believe that my grade can become better than what I got on this essay if I put the same or better effort and make sure that I go over my ideas and be able to add in as much detail as possible.

SLR Reflection

I chose “Reason Critically” for my SLR because I spend most of my time in search for the ideas and content section of the essay. Part of my search was to look for good quotations that fit with my argument and help support it. Usually, I focus on understanding the ideas as best as I can so that I can express it in a variety of ways. I want to make sure that I include all the necessary elements about the topic that is needed to have the reader understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment