Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Lost Boys" Collage Reflection

Think Creatively

I believe I thought creatively about the placement of the pictures and how they invoked empathy. For example, I placed the picture of fire underneath some of the pictures of the Dinka tribe and village to show the destruction of their ethnography. Other pictures and text were purposely put together so that it would create a more meaningful collage.

Reason Critically

I chose the pictures that are on my collage mainly because I really wanted to show the pain and suffering the “Lost Boys” had to go through to get where they are in society today. Many of the pictures show great emotion of pain, despair, and hope, such as the pictures of the fire destroying the villages and the pictures of the people in the streets crying. I think that the text I used helped seize the story of the “Lost Boys” by communicating any ideas that were missed.

Communicate Effectively

I think that my collage shows the “Lost Boys” plight from the pictures of “Care”, “Save Darfur”, and “Make a Donation”. Also, the picture of the man with his head against his arm shows that people are tired of war and just want peace. Along with these, I think that with the pictures of the life most people in Sudan are facing should really create empathy for those who look at the collage. For me, it’s the pictures that show how the people of Sudan now think of their lives that make me want to at least donate some money.

Live Ethically

I think the biggest part of the collage is the emotion that you get out of it. The actions that people take have to be inspired from somewhere. I think that when people see the destruction and suffering of Sudan and what the raging civil war has done to their homes, the collage creates a really strong feeling of empathy towards the Sudanese population. Understanding the problem isn’t enough. They need help and soon. World poverty will reach a new high if destruction stays in Africa’s largest country. We need to communicate the issue in Sudan so that not only us, but people around the world can contribute to create a better world for Sudan.


No comments:

Post a Comment